Tomato Rosemary and Garlic sauce
For garlic lovers these words are music for the ears. Garlic has remarkable properties: it is scientifically proven that it can prevent colds and flu. The characteristic smell is given by allicin, an active ingredient present in the bulb that is a powerful antiseptic. Garlic contains many proteins and mineral salts, it can help circulation and has an antibiotic action, very useful for diabetics due to its hypoglycemic power.
If you travel around Tuscany you will see aromatic herbs all over. For our cousine they are so important. Rosemary, what we call “ramerino”, is used in most of our traditional dishes. We use if for pasta dishes, soups, main dishes and sweet buns. Rosemary is so common in Tuscany that one of the varity is named the Tuscan Blu Rosemary!
Tomato Rosemary and Garlic Sauce
- 500 gr tomato purèe
- 4 garlic cloves
- black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- parmigiano reggiano
- With a half-moon knife cut very very finely Rosemary and Garlic.
- Transfer in a saucepan with extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat with medium fire untilthe garlic start to bubble.
- Add Tomato puree and season with salt & pepper.
- Cover and leave to gently cook for 10/15 min, until the sauce become thicker.