Very tasty and vegetarian Lasagna
When the weather turns mild in the kitchen some changes happen, but without sacrificing gluttony and tasty dishes. This vegetarian lasagna is truly mouthwatering, with a parmesan béchamel sauce and lots of fragrant herbs.
Vegetarian and super tasty Lasagna
- 1kg Pumpkin In pieces
- 2 medium Red onion In thin slices
- 2 cloves Garlic Crushed
- 1 Jar Peeled tomato
- Extra virgin olive oil Generous
- Fresh oregano, fresh thyme
- Salt, pepper
- 250gr Lasagna sheets They can also be found ready-made and fresh, ready to be seasoned in the baking dish and baked
- 70gr Grated Pecorino Romano Saltier and tastier than Parmigiano, made from sheep's milk
For Béchamel sauce
- 1L Whole milk
- 50gr butter
- 50gr all-purpose flour
- 100gr Grated Parmigiano cheese
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
- In a large skillet add oil, onions, garlic and leave to golden. Add pumpkin, salt and pepper, stir and cook for 10 minutes on medium- low fire
- Add tomato and the herbs, stir and cook covered until very tender, about 20 minutes. Add salt if necessary, and pepper. Keep warm.
- In a pot melt butter, add the flour, stir to let it absorb the butter and cook for 3 minutes. Add the milk and stir constantly until the boiling point is reached and then the sauce will have reached the right density. Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and stir well. Add Parmigiano cheese and whisk forcefully. Take out from the fire.
Building up the lasagne
- Spread some Béchamel sauce on the bottom of the baking dish, pour lasagne sheets to create first layer, spread some pumpkin, pecorino romano and béchamel sauce. Continue to finish lasagne sheets and pumpkin.
- On the last layer after putting the béchamel sauce, with the back of a spoon spread it well over the entire surface, put some more pecorino romano cheese and some olive oil.
- Bake in the preheat oven at 180 degrees celsius for about 30 minutes, until the top will be golden and crunchy.
Did you try this recipe?If you’ve enjoyed it, share it with your friends and update picture on Instagram ecc…