Pappardelle with Tuscan Sausages and Saffron
Rustic taste of Tuscan sausages and the gentle one of saffron...
for a perfect combination.
Homemade Pappardelle with Tuscan Sausages and Saffron
- 3 Tuscan Sausages skinless, crumbled
- 1 large Onion thinly sliced
- 1 glass whole milk
- 1/2 glass dry white wine
- Saffron melted in some hot water
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, black pepper
- grated Parmigiano Cheese
- For Homemade Pappardelle go to the Homemade Pasta Recipe page.
- Pasta Sauce: In a large skillet cook the onion in the oil on medium gentle fire, until become tender and translucent. Turn up the fire, add sausages, stir well and get them golden.
- Add the milk, diluted saffron, stir and allow to cook over low heat for10 minutes, partially covered with a lid. Be careful not to let the sauce become too dry. Turn off the fire and keep warm
- Bring the water to a boil, add a handful of coarse salt and add the pappardelle. Turn often and cook for about 5 or 6minutes, but it depends on the thickness. Remember that homemade pasta should not be very al-dente like dried pasta.
- Turn on the heat of the sauce, drain the pappardelle and transfer to the skillet. Stir well to flavor the pasta, add a handful of Parmigiano cheese and toss. Divide into individual portions, add a little more Parmigiano cheese for garnish and a grind of pepper. Serve immediately.
Other suggestions If the sausages are small, use 4, the dish will be richer!
Did you try this recipe?If you’ve enjoyed it, share it with your friends and update picture on Instagram ecc…