Paccheri with Asparagus
Paccheri with Asparagus and Pancetta
- 400 gr Asparagus cut into rounds and leaving the tips intact and separated
- 1 medium Onion cut in small cubes
- 100 gr Pancetta (bacon) cut in thin slices
- 1/2 glass Dry white wine
- 4-5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Parmigiano Cheese grated
- Salt, black pepper
- 320 gr Paccheri Dry Pasta
- In a large skillet put the oil, onion and asparagus (not the tips), cover and cook over low heat until tender.
- Add salt and pepper, turn up the heat and when the pan is well heated add the white wine and let the alcohol evaporate.
- Transfer the vegetables to a bowl and blend until smooth.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add a fist of coarse salt and toss in the pasta (it will take at least 12 minutes to cook). A few minutes before it is cooked al dente (about 2 minutes before) add the asparagus tips.
- In the meantime, in the same pan where you cooked the asparagus, brown the bacon and when it is crispy, transfer it to a plate and keep warm.
- As soon as the pasta is cooked al dente, transfer it with a strainer directly into the skillet, on medium heat (taking care not to remove all the water) mix well in the pancetta fat. Add the asparagus cream, stir well, take some pasta cooking water from its pot, and achieve a creamy consistency, as in the picture. Turn off the heat, add the bacon, a handful of Parmesan and stir one last time.
- Serve immediately. Add pepper and Parmigiano cheese for garnish.
Did you try this recipe?If you’ve enjoyed it, share it with your friends and update picture on Instagram ecc…