Vegan dessert with chestnut flour
Typical Tuscan dessert made from chestnut flour, water, extra virgin olive oil, enriched with dried fruit, raisins and rosemary needles. Typical in the fall season but perfect anytime!
Tips In addition to pine nuts and walnuts, you can also add other dried fruits to your liking. The more the better!!!
- 400 gr chestnut flour
- 600 ml water
- 40 gr extra virgin olive oil
- 100 gr Walnut
- 100 gr pine nuts
- 60 gr raisins
- rosemary the leaves
- In a large bowl pour all the flour
- Add water a little at a time and stir with a whisk until any lumps are dissolved.
- Add half quantity of walnuts, pine nuts and raisins and mix well.
- Grease a 32cm (or two 22cm for two thinner cakes) baking pan with oil and pour in the mixture. Flatten with a spatula if necessary.
- Sprinkle the surface with the remaining dried fruit, raisins and rosemary leaves and drizzle oil over the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees celsius for about 35 minutes or until the Castagnaccio is golden brown and the surface has cracks.