- 8 zucchini flowers (serving 4 person for an appetizer, 2 person for a second course)
- 300gr fresh ricotta cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes cut in 4
- 1 egg
- Fresh basil ( quantity is to your taste!)
- 2 tbsp grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- Salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil
In a bowl mixing well the ricotta cheese, egg, basil, salt and pepper and the Parmigiano cheese.
Gently, check if the flowers are clean (no ground, sand, no bugs inside…); brush them with a moist kitchen towel, if need it. Open the zucchini flowers making a cut along the petal’s length, being careful to leave in all the base. With a teaspoon, filling the flowers with the mixture (being careful to don’t damage the petals…) and transfer in a baking dish. Scatting the cherry tomatoes, sprinkle some breadcrumbs and pour some extra virgin olive oil. Cook in the preheat oven at 200° for about 20 minutes.
If you like to enrich the flavor, add 50gr of feta cheese, cut in small cubes, in the mixture!